Madame Pince and the School Library

For libraries and librarians just west of Hogwarts

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October29

Library Information Skills 10-29-13

by posted under Lesson Plan | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“Tuesday, October 29, 2013”

1. November 1st, 2013 at 2:46 pm       rose Alston Says:

this is so helpful

2. November 22nd, 2013 at 8:28 am       Connie Harrison Says:

I’m glad it helps!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

My name is Connie Parker Harrison. I am a media specialist in Dearborn Public Schools and split the week between an elementary school and a high school. Dearborn is a fairly large district to the west of Detroit Michigan. Dearborn has a diverse population of students and this means that students are coming into schools with a wide variety of skill sets in all curricular areas. I also teach part time in the library and information science department at Wayne State University where my specialty is children’s literature.  I have two masters: an MLIS (master’s in library science) and an Ed.S. (education specialist certificate) in education leadership and policy studies.

Technology used to be a hobby for me but because of staffing cuts in the media centers, my hobby has become my lifeline. I have to have my instructional tools at my fingertips and they have to be user-friendly. I started this blog as a way of organizing myself.

Oh, and just in case you’ve forgotten, Madam Pince is the librarian at Hogwarts.